Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Bacon Lung and New Team

So, I'm not sure if I've got a horrible cold, or have joined the ranks of the thousands infected with H1N1. I came down with a nasty sore throat last Saturday night, and felt like complete trash on Sunday and Monday. Then, Tuesday I felt great. 100% great. Now I feel like crud again.

I think I cut my rest short on Tuesday by going out for a bike ride - the Madone 5.2 that I have on loan is just too hard to resist! Ugh, so now I've had to stay home from an A-Chem lecture to catch up on my sleep since I woke up feeling so nasty.

I honestly feel that this is just some nasty cold or sinus infection, since I haven't noticed any real fever associated with it. So that's a plus, though I am of the opinion that if I get H1N1, I'd rather have it done early.

On to something much more interesting and uplifting (yea, I like those feel-good moments).

I recently received a notice that I was officially invited to become a member of the Cat 3 development team on Team Wheaton. I've heard through the grapevine that a number of current team members (who I know through UW Cycling) gave me positive recommendations.
I wanted to extend my thanks to all of them, and let them know how much I appreciate it.

The team had an awesome '09 race season, and I saw a number of the guys on the 09 Cat 3 development team score some great results. Most of all, I was able to witness an outstanding level of teamwork displayed by the team. This was probably the most distinguishing feature in my mind, and put them a cut above the rest of the Cat 3 field. From what I've heard, these guys are good friends outside of racing too, and their coach, Dave, is as good as they come. Needless to say, I'm thrilled to be a part of the team, and I can't wait to race with them next season.

Anyway, I'm off to finish some chemistry and read up on traditional Japanese puppet theatre, bunraku.

Regards, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment